Below is a list of annual events and for 2023.
- New Year’s Eve fireworks
Fireworks take place at the Tamariz beach at midnight, lighting the skies of Estoril to greet in the New Year. Fireworks also take place in Lisboa at the Parque das Nações and Praça de Comercio.
- St Anthony’s Day: 13th June.
Lisboa celebrates the festival of saints in June. People in colourful costumes each representing a borough parade down Lisboa’s Avenida da Liberdade on the eve of the 13th.
- Estoril Handicraft Fair 2023 – FIARTIL. 58th Edition: 30 June – 26 August 2023. Av Amaral, Estoril.
In the summer from 5pm to midnight. Located behind the Estoril Casino. Stalls with handicrafts from the regions and abroad sell various handicrafts. Also open-air restaurants and entertainment in the evening such as folk dances and concerts
- CHEF’S ON FIRE 2023: 8, 9 and 10 September 2023
At the FIARTIL grounds in Estoril behind the Casino.
- Festival of the Sea – FESTAS DO MAR, Cascais. August 2023.
Cascais celebrates its ties with the sea every year with a Mass, a procession and ending with a parade of boats at the Cascais Bay. This takes place on the last weekend of August. Live concerts also take place outside the fishermen’s beach in Cascais in the evening, outside the Hotel Baia, ending with fireworks.
- Book Fair Lisbon 2023 – FEIRA DO LIVRO DE LISBOA, Parque Eduardo VII. 93rd Edition: 25th May to 11the June 2023
Lots of stalls selling books at special prices as well as other events. In Lisboa’s beautiful Parque Eduardo VII, just off the Marques de Pombal. Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 10pm. Saturdays: 11am to midnight. Sundays: 11am to 10pm. www.feiradolivrodelisboa.pt
- LISBOA FILM FESTIVAL 2023 – LEFFEST, 10th to 19th November 2023:
The 17th edition of the Lisboa Film Festival will take place from 10th to 19th November 2023. Further details at http://www.leffest.com/en