- LOTA DA ESQUINA:
Opened recently towards the end of 2022 by famous Portuguese Chef Vitor Sobral. The building was formerly an auction house for fish and has now been tastefully transformed into a restaurant with four areas representing the elements water (Água), fire (Fogo), earth (Terra) and air (Ar). The ground floor Água serves lunch from 12.30pm and dinner to 11.30pm. The cuisine is mainly Portuguese using fresh produce including fish and shellfish sourced locally. The upstairs Fogo area serves dinner only from 7.30pm to midnight (Wed to Sat). The Bar Terra is open 7.30pm to 2am (Wed to Sat), with a DJ on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10.30pm. Largo Mestre José Henriques, 182, Cascais. Tel: +351-214841315. My simple lunch of fish, prawns in a rice sauce (arroz de peixe) was delicious as was the dessert cheese tart with Pera Rocha jam, a pear characteristic only to Portugal.
- JOHN BULL PUB & RESTAURANT:
One of the oldest in the area, serves Portuguese cuisine. Largo Luis de Camões, 4/5. Open 9.30am to 11pm. Closed Mondays. Tel: +351-214833319.
- BAIUKA GRILL RESTAURANT:
On the beach promenade in Cascais. Serves very good food. Praia das Moitas. Open 9am to 7pm. Closed Monday. Tel: +351-214862237.
- CERVEJARIA LUZMAR: Specialising in fish. Av. Marginal, 48 Tel: +351-214845704 Open daily.
- HOTEL BAIA GRILL: International cuisine. Brunch every Sunday. Av Marginal, Cascais. Tel: +351-214831033.
- TASCA DA VILA: Portuguese cuisine. Closed Monday. Rua Visconde da Luz, No. 7. Tel: +351-214830583.
- TRAQUITANAS: Portuguese cuisine. Rua de Cascais, 32/36, Alcabideche Tel: +351-214690819 Closed: Tuesday.
- PONTO VERDE: Portuguese cuisine. Closed Tuesday. Rua João Pires Correia, 229, Alcabideche. Tel: +351-214602123.
- FURNAS DO GUINCHO: On the Guincho coast overlooking the sea. Specialising in seafood, paella. Overlooks the sea and rocks. Tel: +351-214869243.
- HOTEL FORTALEZA DO GUINCHO: Restaurant in this 5 star hotel with gourmet cuisine. Expensive but worth the splash! Estrada do Guincho Tel: +351-214879076.
- PANORAMA: Speciality fish baked in a case of sea-salt. Pricey. Estrada do Guincho Tel: +351-214870062 Closed: Tuesday.
- MAR DO INFERNO:
Overlooking the sea at Boca do Inferno. Portuguese cuisine, good seafood. Best to book. Busy on weekends. Closed Wednesday. Tel: +351-214832216.
- O MASTRO: Good for their shellfish dishes and crab. Largo das Fontainhas, Lote 3B. Tel: +351-214833903 Closed Monday.
- LA TERRAZA RESTAURANT-BAR – GRANDE REAL VILLA ITÁLIA HOTEL: Excellent and well presented meals at the La Terraza restaurant of this hotel. Price range about 50€ to 60€ per person. On Saturdays and Sundays there is a brunch. Rua Frei Nicolau de Oliveira, 100, Cascais. Tel: +351-210966000.
- MARISCO NA PRAÇA:
A fish and shellfish retaurant in the Cascais Market. Apart from the menu you can also choose fish and shellfish from lobsters, crabs, tiger prawns, etc from the counter. Mercado da Vila. Tel: +351-21-4822130.
- FOGO DO CHÃO: Brazilian cuisine. Buffet with grilled meat, salads. Rua Carlos Ribeiro, 50 – Piso 0. Tel: +351-214820196.
- RESTAURANTE VISCONDE DA LUZ:
Good food. Rua Visconde da Luz, 25. Closed Tuesday. Tel: +351-21-4847410.
Very good Portuguese cuisine. Av da Republica, in Guia, Cascais. Tel: +351-21-4843258.
- MARISQUEIRA CAMÕES:
Seafood specialities. Largo Luís de Camões, 2A. Tel: +351-21-4864563.
- CANTINHO DO AVILLEZ CASCAIS:
Famous Portuguese chef José Avillez opened his Cantinho restaurant at Rua da Palmeira, 6A in Cascais. Beautifully decorated it is open for lunch and dinner. Apart from the a la carte menu there is aso a set menu/price at lunchtime. Tel: +351-21-1389666.
- THE QUIOSQUE AT VISCONDE DA LUZ:
There are quiosques that serve drinks, coffee, snacks and some serve meals and they have tables and chairs in the open (esplanada). The one at the Visconde da Luz garden is a popular one, open morning to evening. Shown here on a sunny day in April 2023.
- An addition in Cascais is the quiosque, left, to enjoy a drink and views over Cascais and Estoril. Next to the Cidadela fort.
- AZIMUT BEACH BAR & RESTAURANT:
On the Estoril promenade towards Cascais. Enjoy a drink or meal overlooking the sea.