MUSEUMS IN ESTORIL:
- MUSEU DA MUSICA PORTUGUESA – CASA VERDADES DE FARIA (MUSEUM OF PORTUGUESE MUSIC):
Av. Saboia, 1146 B, Monte Estoril. Tel: +351-21-4680477. A collection of regional Portuguese musical instruments.
- ESPAÇO MEMÓRIA DOS EXILIOS:
Av. Marginal, 7152A, Estoril. Tel: +351-21-4815930. Open: Monday-Friday: 10am – 6pm. Closed Sat./Sun. Exhibits of historical documents, photos and items related to exiles who lived in the area. This museum opened in 1999. The building is of 1942. The ground floor is the Post Office.
MUSEUMS IN CASCAIS:
- MUSEU DO MAR (MUSEUM OF THE SEA):
Rua Júlio Pereira de Mello. Tel: +351-21-4825400. Open: Tuesday-Sunday: 10am-5pm. Closed Monday. Display of fish, sea creatures, fishermen’s costumes.
- MUSEU CONDES DE CASTRO GUIMARÃES (MUSEUM OF THE COUNTS OF CASTRO GUIMARÃES):
Av. Rei Humberto II de Itália, Parque Marechal Carmona. Tel: +351-21-4825407. Open: Tuesday-Sunday: 10am-5pm. Closed Monday. Collection of furniture, objects d’art belonging to the Counts. Also a library. Lovely garden park and chapel in the grounds.
BOCA DO INFERNO (MOUTH OF HELL – ROCK FORMATIONS):
- Spectacular rock formations past the Cascais Marina. Stalls nearby sell handicrafts. Cafés and restaurants overlook the sea.
To visit Museums in the Lisboa area from Cascais or Estoril take the train to Cais do Sodré. The Metro, buses , trams and cabs are all available from here. Trains run from 5.30am to 1.30am and the Metro from 6.30am to 1am.